Noise square is a versatile generator of noises and square wave signals. There are two analog noise generators: WHITE noise and PINK noise. All other sound sources are generated digitally.
There is METALIC noise, which is a 6 oscillator sound bank similar to 808, but generated digitally (with analog summing) and with TUNE including CV control option. The DIGITAL noise output has adjustable TUNE and CV control.
SQUARE and COW outputs have one square wave signal in common and the COW output has another square signal added in a specific ratio to it to get the cowbell sound easily.
There are 2 CV inputs for controlling the digital sound sources. For the first CV input there is a switch to select whether it controls the METALIC noise or DIGITAL noise tuning. The second CV input is dedicated to both the SQUARE and COW outputs. The CV inputs reacts in range 0-10V.
- 2 analog noise generators WHITE and PINK
- 4 digital signal sources
- SQUARE is a simple square wave signal
- COW is composed of the SQUARE + one additional frequency in the ratio to compose base for cowbell sound
- METALIC is 6 square oscillators summed in analog with frequency ratios inspired by the 808 (can be used as base for synthesizing hats, cymbals)
- DIGITAL is a digital noise source with tuning option
- digital signals with multiple square components are summed in analog
- tune controls for METALIC, DIGITAL and SQUARE (applies also to COW)
- common CV input for SQUARE and COW signals
- another CV input with switch to select whether it affects METALIC or DIGITAL
- CV inputs react in 0-10V range
- front panel from aluminium or oak wood with custom knobs
- handmade locally by Bastl Instruments in Brno, Czech Republic
- 5 HP
- 35 mm deep (skiff friendly)
- current consumption: +12V: <15 mA, -12V: <15 mA, +5V:<20 mA
- PTC fuse and diode protected 16pin power connector
- requires 5V in bus board
- pdf user manual download
You can build your own Noise Square with our DIY kit. Go through the complete assembly guide below and make sure that you understand all the steps.
- BUY DIY KIT
- complete assembly guide pdf v1.3 pdf v1.1 pdf v1.0
- short printable version pdf v1.0
- bill of materials googledocs
- schematics and board diagram schematics v1.3 board v1.3 pdf v1.1 pdf v1.0